Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: question for GC fans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    question for GC fans

    what happened to Charlie Oakes (sp?) He was probably one of the most talented linebackers i played against barring the JR owens kid from william campbell. I figured he would have played college ball somewhere and havent heard anything from him since he graduated. did he play anywhere? thanks in advance
    Cant we all just get along?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: question for GC fans

    There was talk of him going to UVA Wise I believe but I dont think he ever played anywhere. That knee injury his junior year against Floyd Co. in the state semis still hampered him his senior year I believe.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: question for GC fans

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    what happened to Charlie Oakes (sp?) He was probably one of the most talented linebackers i played against barring the JR owens kid from william campbell. I figured he would have played college ball somewhere and havent heard anything from him since he graduated. did he play anywhere? thanks in advance

    Charlie is one of my best friends now. No he did not play anywhere after High School. He loves football and everything but just did not want to play any longer after H.S. He is currently unemployed and looking to go back to school. I will let him know someone was asking about him here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •